Resident Monitor-Domestic Violence Shelter (Part-Time), Panama City, Florida
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Resident Monitor for the Panama City Domestic Violence Shelter located in Panama City, Florida.
Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security and compliance to house rules; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information; ensures that the shelter is maintained in a neat and proper order; ensures compliance of the treatment plan and teaching skills are adhered to.
- Monitors the activities of the shelter residents ensuring safety and compliance with house rules; checks the security of all windows and doors; makes periodic rounds of entire facility; records any unique situations occurring on assigned shift.
- Responds to emergencies in a calm manner and initiates appropriate corrective actions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork representing client intake for the day; inputs data into the computer in order to maintain computer records and generate client list.
- Ensures the implementation of teaching of social skills, treatment plan and individualized service plans; ensures residents are adhering to their plans.
- Assists with all verbal and physical aggressions that might occur from residents.
Maintains necessary contacts with other agencies, as needed, to assure coordination of services to residents.
Ensures the training and assistance in developing and maintaining basic living skills.
- Attends meetings as requested by the Department Head.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of basic recordkeeping practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients in order to empower the individual and motivate appropriate behavior.
- Ability to work with the public encompassing all types of behaviors.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision while enforcing established policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly while maintaining control and initiating the proper corrective action.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED and one year experience working or volunteering with victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to perform combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis. Distance of travel is usually within the same building.
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
- Work is performed in a social services environment where exposure to communicable and infectious diseases are possible. This position requires the incumbent to be available for periodic and scheduled after hours response. After-hours responded time will be compensated by adjusting working hours within that same pay week.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom if this posting.
Application submittal period: April 15, 2021 - May 15, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $11.00
- Max Hiring Rate $11.75
- FL - Panama City, FL 1824 W 15th St. 32401, 1824 W 15th St, Panama City, Florida, United States of America