Donor Services Specialist
· Coordinates the training of field staff in InterChange, Manages data entry for the donor database (Inter-Change), Provides reporting and analysis of donor information, Runs reporting as required by the lockbox process, Manages the day to day operations and maintenance of the donor database for the AOK Division. Operates a comprehensive prospect research and management program for the Resource Development Department to prepare routine and special donor/prospect activity reports, Processes gifts made at DHQ, Obtains and analyzes statistical information necessary for the successful completion of grants, Prepares and coordinates marketing activities and mailings, Processes incoming/outgoing mail for the assigned area, Processes expense reports, Cross-trains and aids other administrative staff during peak workloads and/or breaks in Resource Development activity. Coordinates training and acts as the first line of support to the Divisional Development Department and field staff for their input, use, and reporting within Inter-Change. Manages the lockbox reporting process for the entire Division, producing reports, analyzing data to ensure accuracy of process, and coordinates with DHQ finance department and local Corps to ensure the correct amount of revenue travels through the lockbox process to the local Corps/Command. Manages the data entry process of donor information into Inter-Change for the Division. Maintains manual and automated donor records; inputs and updates pertinent donor information; records changes and makes necessary deletions; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same. Analyzes donor information and creates queries and reports to support the direct mail campaigns and other development efforts of the Division (both for the Divisional Development Team and local Corps). Serves as the Divisional “point person” for troubleshooting issues with the database and coordinates solutions with THQ database management team. Reviews data and systems to improve the accuracy and quality of data within Inter-Change. Develops and introduces solutions for better data hygiene and quality. Receives leads from the Regional Resource Development Directors and proactively identifies and researches linkage, interest and donor potential of new prospects for fund development. Prepares and proofs various routine queries, reports and compiles records, information and statistics necessary to generate routine quarterly and monthly reports; proofs reports for errors and to ensure they are grammatically correct. Researches and references database records to respond to donor and/or Resource Development staff questions. Processes and maintains records of private foundation grant requests and awards; serves as a liaison to other Divisional Headquarters departments to request and retrieve statistical information needed for the successful completion of grants; provides data to Regional Resource Development staff as needed or upon direct request; assists the directors by notifying them of deadlines and other pertinent information relating to the funding source requirements. Generates donor activity reports and other special reports as requested by Resource Development Directors. Tracks donor/prospect activity and assists Resource Development staff in planning strategies. Conducts in-depth biological and financial donor/prospect research for Resource Development Department using internal/external sources and Internet based programs. Prepares reports that provide information such as giving history, philanthropic interests, financial ability, linkage, interest, and other prospect qualifiers. Drafts and/or assists in editing correspondence, preparing marketing pieces, letters, holiday/birthday cards, envelopes, etc. for specialized mailings to Resource Development donors, Corps Officers or other contacts in the communities. Provides clerical and secretarial support to the Resource Development Department. Assists the Divisional Resource Development Director by reviewing production reports in the Resource Development database; assists in the process of facilitating the release of the gift acknowledgement receipt; submits gift reports to Territorial Headquarters monthly. Obtains, documents, performs data entry functions, copies and files expense information for assigned staff members; responds to questions from Finance personnel regarding expense reports; provides the department head with documents for signature and further processing. Cross trains, provides back-up support, and assists other department personnel in performing receptionist, clerical and secretarial activities. Performs various clerical and secretarial support work associated with special projects, seasonal events, and conference and committee meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
Materials and Equipment
General Office Equipment Personal Computer/Peripherals
Knowledge of The Salvation Army missions and philosophy.
Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of computer databases.
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
Ability to maintain accurate and up to date donor records.
Ability to prepare mass mailing according to bulk mail procedures established by the U.S. Post Office.
Ability to utilize the Internet and other databases for purposes of research and generating data.
Knowledge of the English language including proper grammar and punctuation. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain an efficient and organized filing system to ensure that items can be retrieved in a timely matter.
Ability to follow instructions, plan and organize work, and work under limited supervision.
Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
Ability to type and keypunch information into a computer.
Ability to sort and file documents alphabetically and numerically.
Ability to operate various general office equipment including a telephone, computer, and adding machine.
Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail with constant breaks in concentration associated with answering telephones.
Education and Experience
Associate Degree in Business or Computer Science required, supplemented by secretarial courses from a technical or vocational school preferred,
three years progressively responsible experience operating/maintaining a computer database
experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Valid driver’s license
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Duties are usually performed seated and sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking. Work in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather such as rain, cold, snow, heat, or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the "Apply Now" icon at the bottom of this positing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family AOK-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- AOK - Oklahoma City, OK 6601 N. BROADWAY EXT. 300 73116, 6601 N. BROADWAY EXT. 300, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America