Childcare Worker-(part-time), Southern Territory, Kroc Memphis
Provides child care services for children ages 3 months to12 years including; assisting children with personal care and hygiene, developing learning and development activities, assisting with specialized programs; plans, develops, and teaches pre-school classes; prepares and maintains records; maintains cleanliness and orderliness of child care property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of the principles and practices of Child and Youth Behavior and Development.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of early childhood and youth curriculum development.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of First Aid and C.P.R and ability to ensure the safety of children and youth.
Ability to teach children and youth Christian values as well as general early childhood and youth education curriculum.
Ability to plan, develop, and implement effective childhood and youth programs and activities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices particular to the department’s administration.
- Knowledge of general office principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to motivate a spirit of unity, loyalty, and helpfulness within and among staff.
- Ability to plan and complete work in a manner to ensure compliance with deadlines.
- Knowledge of current best practices in regard to the programs and keeps current with new changes that will affect programs;
- Ability to deal comfortably with stressful situations, and follow emergency procedures;
- Ability to multi-task, ability to follow instructions and complete tasks in a safe and effective manner. Ability to effectively build teams;
- Ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. Must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Ability to effectively provide leadership, counseling and education to youth, parents and staff;
- Ability and aptitude to make decisions and meet commitments within established policies and procedures and handle sensitive situations appropriately with staff, children, youth and parents;
- Ability to supervise staff and participants with varying educational and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to use Windows & Microsoft Office, which includes Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor ‘s Degree in Education or related field;
Two years’ experience in teaching child development programs in a church or pre-school; or experience working with youth programs
any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to observe children and ensure their safety.
- Ability to lift, hold, and carry toddlers on a regular basis.
- Duties are usually performed by combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis.
- Work is performed in a normal child care environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the "Apply Now" icon at the bottom of this positing.
Application Submittal Period: 10/22/2019 – 12/19/2020
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, go to www.salvationarmycareers.org, click “apply now” button
and input the name or requisition number of the job.
- Job Family KT-NON-EXEMPT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 800 E Pkwy S, Memphis, TN 38104, USA