Research & Healthcare Analytics - Data Scientist
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
Tabula Rasa Health Care is looking for a Data Scientist to work with business stakeholders, IT, analysts and application developers to advance in-house data-science capabilities and develop solutions to business challenges. The Data Scientist will be responsible for using analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret data sets. This position requires that the Data Scientist have substantial expertise over a wide range of technical competencies including search, machine learning, programming, databases, reporting technologies and statistics, and can develop creative workable solutions for a wide range of internal customers.
- Design and implementation of self-service analytics tools
- Initiating data enrichment efforts including the supplementation of company data with third party sources when needed
- Guiding data collection procedures as needed to support the required analytic systems
- Contributing to the processing, cleansing, and verification of the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and presentation of results
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure integrity and proper integration for all sources of enterprise data
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Develop algorithms to support and drive discovery of clinical conditions and metrics based on healthcare claims data
Education, Experience & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics or related field, advanced graduate degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ working in OLAP including experience in “big-data” environments using columnar data stores and Hadoop.
- Prior experience designing and deploying self-service healthcare analytics environments across business, clinical, financial and research stakeholders
- Experience with healthcare data analytics including Medicare/Medicaid Claims analysis, working with healthcare stakeholders, and familiarity with healthcare coding standards including both ICD10 and SNOMED CT.
- Experience in validated system environments
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Jupyter, Weka, NumPy, etc
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, experienced in customer-facing presentations
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Tableau, ggplot, etc.
- Exceptional database skills (both relational and noSQL), as well as data processing skills.
- Excellent scripting and programming skills including Python or R
- Good understanding of statistics including applied data analysis, hypothesis testing, regression, experimental and observational studies, etc.
- Overall competency in business and technology
- Excited & motivated to work with large datasets covering many members over multiple yearsSense of urgency to attend to IT leadership demands
- Responsive and prompt communication
- Customer-service oriented
- Excellent time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player, highly organized
- Attention to detail and accuracy of facts and documentation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
- Ability to problem-solve and ability to follow through on tasks
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA