Research & Healthcare Analytics - PGY2 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Pharmacogenomics
The purpose of this Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) residency program of Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is to build on accumulated pharmacy education and PGY1 experience to train pharmacy leaders in pharmacogenomics (PGx). After completion of this post-graduate residency, trainees will have the skills to apply PGx to clinical practice and will have acquired the abilities to utilize informatics in the ever-evolving health care environment, including application to clinical decision support (CDS) systems.
- Advocates for the rational and routine use of PGx testing.
- Recommends PGx testing to aid in the process of drug and dosage selection.
- Uses informatics to guide recommendations to perform PGx testing.
- Educates and provides information on the appropriate indications for PGx testing and the clinical application of PGx to health care professionals, patients, and members of the public.
- Coordinates activities of the organization’s PGx clinical services.
- Oversees ordering, shipping, and tracking of PGx test kits and results.
- Communicates with PGx laboratories and vendors.
- Manages PGx Medication Safety Reviews (MSRs).
- Provides analyses & reports to leadership, as requested, to monitor and improve clinical services.
- Serves as an expert consultant for the organization’s PGx clinical services.
- Provides PGx test results interpretation and clinical guidance to prescribers and patients.
- Makes recommendations to personalize medication therapy based on the patient’s PGx profile that also considers the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of the drug(s) as well as other patient-specific factors such as comorbidities and other concomitant drugs.
- Establishes and uses standardized processes for performing PGx MSRs, communicating PGx test results to prescribers and patients, and documenting patient-specific results in the electronic health record(s).
- Supports and participates in research, consortia, and networks that guide & accelerate the application of PGx to clinical practice.
- Designs and conducts PGx-based research.
- Develops processes to document improved patient outcomes and economic benefits resulting from clinical application of PGx.
- Actively contributes to the body of knowledge in PGx by publishing articles on the topic in the biomedical literature.
- Supports and participates in PGx-based CDS.
- Develops PGx-specific algorithms & rules for electronic health record systems that guide prescribers and pharmacists on the appropriate use and dosing of medications based on a patient’s genomic profile.
- Uses informatics to evaluate the performance of algorithms & rules.
- Provides effective PGx-related education to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and students.
- Designs effective educational activities for patients and caregivers.
- Develops and plans PGx-specific advanced training opportunities for pharmacists & other health care professionals.
- Precepts Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) students and PGY1 pharmacy residents.
- Uses effective teaching skills to deliver education.
- Assesses the effectiveness of education.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree obtained.
- Completed a Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency.
- Current Registered Pharmacist (RPh) and active licensure in good standing.
- Degree obtained from an accredited college/school of pharmacy in the United States.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and develop.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative manner.
- Respectable interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Above-average written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of pharmacogenomics.
- Above-average understanding of web technology and clinical decision support systems.
- Above-average proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Adapts to a high energy environment.
- Reasonable degree of ownership for projects, a sense of urgency and strong follow-through.
- Reasonable tolerance of ambiguity.
- Decent project management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Semi-independent worker who can effectively manage self-driven projects.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA