Claims Leadership - VP, Digital and Transformation
Our Claims Senior Leadership team is seeking a VP, Claims - Digital and Transformation to join our dynamic team.
Responsible for establishing Claims digital and innovation strategy. In partnership with claims senior leadership team, collaborates to develop, plan, fund, implement and assess progress of digitalization, technology and innovation efforts that enable claims to achieve strategic goals through innovation and process improvement. Works in close partnership with his / her peers and serve as a core member of the claims leadership team as well as creating a strong matrix partnership with enterprise teams leading Technology and Innovation.
This critical role will lead research and innovation in new Claims products and tools, process development and technology enhancement with a focus on modernization and customer driven solutions. This role is responsible for coordinating work across various functions and for ensuring that these efforts are appropriately aligned, prioritized and managed according to established project and change management guidelines. Provides direct leadership for a group of professionals supporting and driving claims Digitalization and Innovation, including Project and Change Management and Customer Experience. This includes ongoing talent selection, assessment, coaching and progressive development of team members.
This is a Full-time/Exempt role.
- Direct ownership for the development and management of overarching claims digital and innovation roadmap.
- Provides visibility and input where appropriate from enterprise stakeholders to ensure strategies and work are appropriately linked.
- Regularly engages with strategic customers and business partners outside Claims to align roadmaps and develop relationships to foster D&I collaborations that will enable the Claims strategy.
- Works in conjunction with Claims Leadership team to agree to focus and prioritization of key projects and initiatives in support of the larger strategy.
- Collaborates with LOB leadership and Data and Analytics team and peers to develop business strategies
- Thought leader in developing customer centric strategies and activities in support of our evolving and growing business lines.
- Drives innovation within claims – emerging new and progressive ways of approaching work that will advance overall capabilities.
- Partner with business leaders to review current processes with an eye towards ongoing improvement.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development and implementation of key projects and change initiatives, inclusive of setting best practices and standards of expectation.
- Strives continuously to enhance organization efficiency and effectiveness through project delivery and process improvement, diligent expense management and, leveraging training, audit and technology across the claims organization.
- Consults with employees at all levels to build a deep understanding of our present and future customer needs.
- Performs internal and external research to inform strategic direction and decision making.
- Owns customer experience metrics across claims.
- Demonstrates Leading with CARE Values and Leadership Capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ professional experience, 5+ years’ experience in senior leadership position.
- Proven experience as a strategic leader that brings operational experience in the areas of technology, innovation business process design, service operations and operating model experience.
- Understands the principles, theories, practices and techniques involved with planning, managing and implementing projects and programs
- Anticipates and understands customer expectations.
- Expertise with data analytics and customer intelligence.
- Exhibits creativity and delivers new ideas.
- Creates an environment that encourages, values the opinions of others, and promotes sharing of information and ideas. One who promotes and encourages people to speak up.
- Strong executive presence and the ability to make effective presentations to large and small groups at all levels.
- Ability to express concepts (e.g. business and technical), ideas, opinions and conclusions, so that others understand or are persuaded to act.
- Collaborative, easily adapts to the diverse interests, styles and perspective of key players while building confidence and trust.
- Communicates and presents ideas or positions in a persuasive manner that build support, agreement or commitment.
- A decision-maker who by assessing the scope of an issue provides options leading to its closure. Determines appropriate actions based on the situation.
- Displays leadership ability, including execution, followership and a commitment to winning.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Itasca, IL, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Somerset, Franklin Township, NJ 08873, USA
- Windsor, CT, USA
- Worcester, MA, USA