Virtual / Field Property Adjuster- OHIO
Our Property claims department is seeking a Virtual / Field Property Adjuster for the Ohio territory. Must live in Ohio.
This posting is for the recruitment of talent to the Hanover organization for the purpose of virtual adjusting. This position could include a combination of somewhat of a hybrid field/virtual adjuster via the use of technologies and tools for scoping in lieu of inspection where that option existed. The ideal candidate will be an experienced field adjuster with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
This is a Full-time/Exempt role.
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Handle complex personal and commercial property claims requiring outside field investigations and/or inspections
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including product and industry, reflective of successful progression through various job family levels
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Claims handled will be of greater complexity and will require a higher level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of commercial coverage
- May be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations and claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality, and customer service
- May provide training and mentoring to adjusters.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of field property claims adjusting experience. Some commercial experience preferred
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
- Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities
- Proficient using Claims systems
- Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle 4-5 hours per day and to get in and out of the vehicle numerous times during the day
- Ability to load and unload equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds from a motor vehicle as needed to perform field work
- Ability to bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged buildings, often with utilities turned off or inoperable
- Ability to use a ladder safely to get onto and off of roofs, and maintain balance while inspecting roofs
- Ability to perform field work in adverse weather.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Claims
- Pay Type Salary
- Ohio, USA