Plant FSQA Manager
Oversee the day-to-day activities of the FSQA Department at the plant, implementing and assessing FSQA initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. Provide support to the Plant Manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees in each department. Participate in and lead projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance in conjunction with Corporate FSQA Management. Act as Safety Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner and maintain and update the SQF Program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the development and implementation of programs, policies, procedures and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement.
- Make recommendations and provide feedback to Corporate and Plant Management regarding significant food safety and quality issues.
- Hire, train and develop Plant FSQA Supervisors and Technicians.
- Handle work schedules and assign duties and responsibilities among Plant Supervisors.
- Coordinate plant quality and food safety audits (internal and third party), working with Plant Manager to assign audit responsibilities to various plant departments.
- Resolve non-conformance issues and quality issues at plant facilities, warehouses and in the market.
- Work with Plant Management to develop corrective action plans and communicate plans to Corporate FSQA Management, Sales, Supply Chain and the customer as appropriate.
- Review Sanitation Department’s work, providing grading and feedback as necessary to ensure proper sanitation of facility.
- Recommend and/or develop orientation and training programs for quality and food safety training.
- Prepare monthly summary reports of key quality metrics, including issues and progress.
- Advise plant on quality and food safety implications of changes in product, processing or facility design.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) support programs.
- Assure conformity to all company, customer, and government standards.
- Provide support by covering for Plant FSQA Supervisors when they are out of the office.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree with a major in chemistry, biology, microbiology, food science, or related field.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a food safety / quality role, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
Certification Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess strong understanding of the importance of HACCP, Food Safety and Inspection Services (FSIS) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to use computers with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to read, interpret and review complex information related to quality and sanitation practices and regulations.
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Know how to work cooperatively with others.
- Able to use simple tools and basic lab equipment (i.e. scale, caliper, magnet, thermometer, etc.)
- Possess strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational skills and planning abilities.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with food quality management positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15lbs may be required as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Most work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Quality
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Brandworthy Building, 4235 Thunderbird Lane, West Chester, Ohio, United States of America