Corporate Forklift Operator
Operate a standup counterbalance forklift efficiently and safely at the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor and in conjunction with Shipping/Receiving Workers. Coordinate with truck driver to safely and properly load or unload various products and materials for shipment or storage in a fast-paced environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete required training to operate the standup counterbalance forklift safely.
- Receive and follow instructions from Warehouse Supervisor regarding the movement and loading of products.
- Operate forklifts safely, which includes but is not limited to charging batteries, ensuring safety devices are functioning properly and ensuring no other workers are in path of the forklift.
- Inspect trailers before loading/unloading for any hidden dangers and to ensure proper space and equipment is available with emphasis on safety.
- Load and unload trailers while paying strict attention to detail, including observing order numbers, counting cases, and understanding timing and order of shipments.
- Assist the Shipping/Receiving Workers pick cases for loading and with maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Operate radio frequency equipment and computer software used for coordinating shipments and checking loads in and out.
- Prepare product for tempering services.
- Observe surroundings at all times when operating forklift to ensure clear pathways and avoid collisions.
- Adhere to instructions and safety procedures provided by Warehouse Supervisor/ Manager at all times.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED), or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous forklift experience required; stand-up forklift experience preferred.
Certification Requirements: Valid state-issued driver's license.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to read, interpret and review instructions for preparation of materials.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Understand basic mathematics.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Able to utilize coordination while operating a forklift.
- Possess control precision in maneuvering forklift.
- Able to understand the nature of processing warehouse orders.
- Possess ability to adapt to different work requirements.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on efficiency and safety.
- Able to focus on attention to detail when loading or unloading customer orders, products or other materials.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with forklift operator positions, including mostly standing/walking with occasional sitting required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 50 lbs. may be required as needed.
Most work is performed in an indoor, warehousing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Some work is performed inside of the manufacturing facility, and very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Supply Chain and Warehousing
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Required Education High School
- Dayton, 4249 Beerman Ave., Dayton, Ohio, United States of America