This position is for a 2nd shift Cycle Counter.
Perform regular cycle counts to identify possible discrepancies in inventory quantities and reconcile discovered variances according to the approved policies and procedures. Report cycle count results to Plant Accountants accurately and timely.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform regular stock take and cycle counting during the year and during the end of the year stock take, while conducting reconciliation in case of discrepancies during cycle count schedule.
- Conduct regular physical verification to determine the actual quantity and account for variances.
- Implement and maintain a filing system of the facts, discrepancies, and issues identified during the cycle counting or stock taking process in order to maintain accurate records that can be easily retrieved.
- Highlight areas of concern associated with inventory problems and highlight statement of facts surrounding the property loss, damage, destruction, or additions of materials.
- Maintain frequent communication with Plant Accountants regarding cycle counting schedules and any inventory discrepancies.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Experience: 1 - 2 years of experience in warehouse-related role required; food manufacturing experience preferred.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: Forklift certification required. Must have a valid state driver's license.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Know how to read, interpret and review instructions relating to cycle count procedures.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Posses strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Understand basic mathematics.
- Able to adapt to varied work requirements and be flexible.
- Possess strong proficiency in basic computer skills, inventory software, and Microsoft Office programs (Excel).
- Able to operate heavy machinery including forklifts, scissor lifts, man lifts etc.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical cycle counter positions, including mostly standing/walking with some sitting required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 60lbs may be required as needed.
Some travel to other locations may be required.
Little work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Most work is performed in an indoor, warehouse facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Warehouse temperatures are at 28°F with the Freezer being 0° F. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Admin and Executive Support
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Brandworthy Building, 4235 Thunderbird Lane, West Chester, Ohio, United States of America