This is for a 2nd shift Shipping/Receiving Supervisor.
Coordinates pick-ups, drop-offs, and storage of various products and raw materials received or retrieved by carriers in the warehouse throughout the day. Organizes efforts between forklift operators, case labelers, and truck drivers to ensure efficient and smooth transition of products entering and leaving loading areas while maintaining adequate safety procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan out the day’s delivery/pick-up schedule each morning.
- Coordinate timing of deliveries using multiple computer programs simultaneously.
- Respond to additional requests for shipment or receipt of product throughout the day.
- Supervise forklift operators and case labelers to ensure efficient movement of product.
- Enforce safety procedures are being implemented in loading zones and warehouse.
- Respond to any issues that may arise in the course of shipping or unloading and handle efficiently.
- Ensure orders are accurate and that labels are properly marked and placed properly.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various employees and supervisors throughout the company.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.); or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1 - 3 years' prior experience in industry-related, cold storage warehousing.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to multi-task quickly and efficiently.
- Possess proficient aptitude in utilizing various computer programs including Microsoft Excel.
- Able to deal with fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on organization.
- Able to work with others in a team environment.
- Know the importance of order management and prioritizing the needs of the customers and the company.
- Possess an understanding of basic arithmetic.
- Able to communicate effectively either directly or via email.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with warehouse supervisor positions, including some sitting with some standing/walking required. Other physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 40lbs may be required as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Some work is performed in a warehouse with temperatures between 28°F and the Freezer temperature typically at 0° F. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, refrigeration wear, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Supply Chain and Warehousing
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America