Work with Buyers and Senior Buyers to place, manage and track purchase orders for various items and products ranging across all areas of the business. Conduct regular reviews of categories of goods and services procured to recognize potential cost savings. Coordinate with plants to schedule specific production lines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place and manage purchase orders for different items as requested by various departments and under the direction of Buyers and Senior Buyers, expediting when necessary to support needs of the business.
- Review production schedules to identify what inventory is required to support the schedules and adjust orders accordingly.
- Analyze pricing of various components and finished productions to understand cost drivers at the vendor and industry level.
- Review and analyze purchase order data to identify cost savings opportunities and implement improved procedures.
- Analyze and understand inventory data to support cash flow.
- Provide support to vendors by assisting with set-up, conducting account maintenance and recognizing areas for performance improvement.
- Work on-site at the plants to support line trials and qualifications of new packaging and ingredients.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-3 years' experience in Purchasing, Operations, Sourcing, or Supply Chain.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to comprehend and appreciate complex relationships between vendors, vendor capabilities, supply chain, industry, competitors, and cross functional teams.
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel).
- Possess strong financial acumen.
- Know how to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Able to learn technical details about packaging components, ingredients, and packaging and processing equipment.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical buyer positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15lbs may be required as needed.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Most work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Little work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Supply Chain and Warehousing
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Brandworthy Building, 4235 Thunderbird Lane, Fairfield, Ohio, United States of America