Plant Quality Supervisor
This is for a 2nd shift Plant Quality Supervisor.
Provide support to Plant FSQA Manager regarding various FSQA initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. Provide quality and food safety leadership to employees, specifically with training and performance assessment of Plant FSQA Technicians. Participate in and lead projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs, policies, procedures and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement.
- Assist in pre-operation walkthroughs as needed, checking for any problem areas or broken equipment.
- Train, develop and manage Plant Quality Technicians.
- Monitor and review the Plant FSQA Technicians' day to day activities and evaluate work performance.
- Create work schedules and assign duties and responsibilities among Plant Technicians.
- Generate code data for product creation dates, plant location, and other product specifications.
- Ensure certain equipment is calibrated correctly (i.e. scales, thermometers).
- Remain on-call to handle any situations that may arise during operation, including broken machines or possible contamination of product.
- Assess any incidents involving potential contamination or foreign objects and deal with accordingly (i.e. shut down line, alert Plant FSQA Manager).
- Resolve non-conformance issues/quality problems at plant facilities, warehouses and in the market.
- Work with Plant Management team to develop corrective action plans and communicates plans to Plant FSQA Manager and Plant Manager.
- Work with Maintenance Department and Plant Sanitation to ensure clean and safe working environment for all Production Associates.
- Recommends and /or develops orientation and training programs for quality, food safety and good manufacturing practices (GMP) training.
- Advise plant on quality and food safety implications of changes in product, processing or facility design.
- Ensure compliance to quality, food safety, Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) support programs.
- Provide additional support by covering for Plant FSQA Manager when he or she is out of the office.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with a major in chemistry, biology, microbiology or food science preferred.
Experience: 3 to 5+ years of experience in a quality assurance role in a food-related industry; supervisor experience preferred.
Certification and Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Know how to use computers with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to lead Plant Quality Technicians in a high-speed production environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational skills and planning abilities.
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
- Able to use computers proficiently, especially Microsoft Office.
- Possess skills needed to clearly communicate issues to management.
- Knows the importance of HACCP, Food Safety and Inspection Services (FSIS) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements.
- Able to use simple tools and basic lab equipment (i.e. scale, caliper, magnet, thermometer, etc.).
- Able to work on a flexible schedule.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with quality assurance supervisor positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less
than 15lbs may be required as needed.
Most work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Quality
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Dayton, 4249 Beerman Ave., Dayton, Ohio, United States of America