Production Associate Line Lead
Work in production line conducting various duties, including picking up product from load-in, loading and removing product from production line, and rotating to various positions along the production line as needed. Follow instructions from Production Supervisor. Coordinate roles with Production Associates to ensure efficient running of production line.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort and pack various types of food products.
- Seal and secure packaging in accordance with product specifications and requirements.
- Maintain production line efficiency by clearing jams and following proper lockout/tagout safety procedures.
- Maintain production line efficiency by folding cardboard boxes and other packaging types as needed.
- Use pallet jack to move larger quantities of product.
- Inspect labeling to ensure the label is accurate and contains proper dates and product types.
- Open different types of packaging containing raw materials.
- Use various types of machines, including but not limited to ovens, slicers, sorting machines, packaging machines, and other types of industrial food-processing equipment.
- Notify Production Supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Notify Production Supervisor of any issues with Production Associates related to performance, attendance, or behavior.
- Provide instructions to Production Associates as requested by Production Supervisor.
- Occasionally help in the packing up and moving of various equipment or lines, including but not limited to dismantling, wrapping, boxing, and moving various machines and related parts.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Calibrate machines to ensure proper function and labeling.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred
Experience: 1+ year of previous production experience required.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to read, interpret and review instructions for preparation of materials.
- Understand basic mathematics.
- Possess basic knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Know how to operate industrial-size equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow directions and multi-task efficiently.
- Possess strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Know how to strictly follow safety procedures.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical production positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 40lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Very little work is performed in a comfortable indoor, office-like facility. Most work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Production
- Job Function Direct
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Brandworthy Building, 4235 Thunderbird Lane, Fairfield, Ohio, United States of America