Direct and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the E&IC Department, including scheduling adequate personnel and employee work orders. Coordinate with Plant Management and Maintenance Department to establish maintenance schedules for different electrical components of the facility to minimize downtime on production. Provide feedback to Plant Management regarding status of various projects, work orders and manufacturing procedures as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and participate in improvement projects related to safety, operations, and maintenance.
- Identify and communicate training opportunities and needs for improving the skills of E&IC Technicians and Maintenance Technicians.
- Communicate with Maintenance Management on problem equipment and systems.
- Improve production reliability based on observation and time spent in support of production using data collection from the Ignition software and historical data from the work order system.
- Assist in the development of various preventative maintenance programs (PMs).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the calibration standards and analysis program.
- Assist in the effective development of a work order system for electrical equipment, instrumentation and calibration.
- Identify work needed based on production observation, work orders and general inspection of equipment.
- Ensure, execute and verify the appropriate equipment PMs are in place for instrumentation, calibration and electrical equipment throughout the facility.
- Facilitate or assist in the completion of any safety work orders.
- Demonstrate and improve the sense of urgency for equipment related issues.
- Develop, suggest, and plan a personal training agenda for Maintenance and E&IC Technicians.
- Learn and follow the proper good manufacturing procedures (GMP) for whatever area of the facility you are working in.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); Technical or Vocational training preferred.
Experience: 5-10 years in related electrical or maintenance role.
Certification Requirements: ARC Flash Certification.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to troubleshoot and diagnose control circuitry.
- Able to read schematics and electrical prints.
- Know to use Digital Multi-meters.
- Able to follow lockout tag out procedures.
- Possess the ability to diagnose electric motor failure.
- Possess strong proficiency in using the devices and procedures for calibration, analysis, and testing of equipment and control devices.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Able to read critically and write effectively.
- Able to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Possess strong programmable logic controller (PLC) troubleshooting and programming skills.
- Possess strong human machine interface (HMI) troubleshooting and programming skills.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical maintenance positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 50lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Kansas, 1600 W. McKay St., Frontenac, Kansas, United States of America