Now is the perfect time to join our team if you appreciate a professional challenge and feel compelled to make an important difference in the world through engaging people in the work of a thriving nonprofit organization dedicated to children and families.
Position Overview: The Communications Coordinator is a member of St. David’s Center’s Community Relations team. Our team’s goals center on marketing, fundraising, and positioning St. David’s Center as an exceptional service provider and leader in the field. The Communications Coordinator is specifically responsible for the planning and execution of communications for the organization, as well as for specific initiatives, programs and events, including website content development, our organization’s blog, social media, e-communications, and print publications.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Co-create communications strategies and workplans that meet organizational goals and ensure consistency and effectiveness in messaging with timely execution.
- Write, curate, contribute to, and distribute/promote content for the website, blog, social media, e-news, and e-blasts, and print communications, working in concert with Marketing and Public Relations Manager, aligned with marketing and communications goals.
- Write client, staff, and volunteer/donor stories to be used for multiple marketing and fundraising purposes.
- Serve as the primary tactical writer for the organization, including key communications affecting services.
- Support advocacy efforts, crisis communication, and executive team internal and external communications, as needed.
- Coordinate monthly internal communications, harvesting and finalizing content sourced by CEO and department leaders.
- Assist with professional photo shoots and act as in-house photographer as needed.
- Partnering with staff to finalize presentations for both professional conferences and St. David’s Center training events.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, M-F.
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing with a minimum of two years of related work experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in non-related field with five years of experience in journalism, public relations, communications, or marketing
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt styles of writing to varied audiences.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Publisher, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, set priorities, give attention to detail and revise content based on feedback from others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Nonprofit work experience
- Social media and website content management experience
- Graphic Design experience
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and desktop publishing skills
- Knowledge of ever-changing technologies to visually tell stories, including video, slideshows, etc.
- Experience with Photoshop and e-communication
- Experience with platforms such as Constant Contact
- Experience with databases such as Evolv, Raiser’s Edge or similar
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Communications Coordinator; Journalism; Public Relations; Marketing; Communications; Associated Press; Publisher; Constant Contact; Adobe; Raiser’s Edge; Fundraising; Events; Website Content; Development; Social Media; e-communications; Publications
- Pay Type Salary
- Minnetonka, MN, USA