St. David’s Center is currently looking for a Care Manager responsible for oversight and coordination of early education, intervention and treatment services provided to young children (ages sixteen months to six years) who have developmental and behavioral health needs and are accessing (or need to access) multiple services at our Minnetonka and Harman Center locations. The person in this role will provide services as an individual contributor across the whole organization.
Position Overview: The Care Manager will assess and track children’s needs, coordinate services between St. David’s Center’s programs, facilitate care coordination meetings, and partner with families and other service providers (e.g., school districts) to ensure children’s developmental and behavioral health needs are being addressed through effective treatment and planning for the future.
- Provide oversight and creative solutions to coordination of services for children that utilize multiple early education and intervention programs
- Maintain a working knowledge of current service delivery options available through St. David’s Center programs as well as community-based resources
- Develop and implement a system for assessing and tracking child outcomes which result in ongoing support from county and other funders
- Serve as primary point of communication with St. David’s Center teams, families, other health care providers, and school districts to facilitate effective service coordination and collaboration
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, M-F.
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible, including eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Social Work, Psychology, or a related field
- 7-10 years of work experience in the field of early childhood special education, case management, or other related social services work focused on assessing child and family needs, connecting families to services, and building teams to create service solutions for children and families
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record
- A broad and deep knowledge base and working understanding of developmental and behavioral health needs of children, parenting and family systems, school district and other community support services available to children and families with special needs, therapies and their benefits (OT, SLP and MH), and meeting facilitation approaches
- Skilled observer, experienced in assessing children’s needs and highly motivated to partner with and support families in finding their way during the early years / early diagnosis process
- Ability to independently evaluate situation / develop approach or alternatives
- Deep understanding and commitment to relational awareness and relational management
- Active listener
- Effective problem solver
- Connecter of people who inspires creative solutions
- Highly organized
- Strong communicator (written and oral)
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Social Work; Psychology; Special Education; Case Management; Early Childhood; Education; Social Services; Human Services; Children; Family; School; School Districts; Parenting; Mental Health; Occupational Therapy; Speech Language Pathology; Intervention; Early Intervention; Community; Support; Care Manager; Care Coordination; Collaboration; Development; Behavioral Health
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full - Time
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Minnetonka, MN, USA