Infant Parent Home Visitor
Program Summary: The Home Visiting programs at St. David’s Center promote optimal child development and healthy relationships for families that are impacted by significant challenges such as stressful relationships, financial challenges, or mental/chemical health concerns. Our Infant Parent Development Program uses the Healthy Families America (HFA) model to deliver developmental guidance, emotional support, resources, and supportive interventions to families with children ages zero (prenatal) to four. The Home Visitor focuses on supporting healthy parent child interactions and family well-being.
Position Overview: St. David’s Center is seeking a Home Visitor responsible for providing intensive, long-term, relationship-based home visiting services to parents and their infant/children. The Home Visitor attends to the many relationships involved including: the parent-child relationship, the parent-practitioner relationship, the child-practitioner relationship, and the relationships with other professionals working with the family.
- Providing concrete resources, emotional support, developmental guidance, relationship assessment and support and advocacy for client needs
- Attending to the therapeutic relationships and family’s past experiences which results in better family engagement and improved family outcomes.
- Effectively completing documentation required by agency and Healthy Families America requirements which results in compliance with HIPPA, and HFA accreditation.
- Remaining open, curious, and reflective about families and self in relationship with families
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, M-F.
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible, including eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Bi-lingual Native Spanish Speaker preferred.
- Open to considering candidates with a lesser level of education in a related field with considerable experience with cultural diversity and language skills.
- Minimum of 2,000 hours (1-year, full time) of supervised experience in developmental and/or mental services with children and/or families
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Self-awareness, curiosity, sound judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Empathy and compassion.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and races.
- Understanding of pregnancy/early parenting; infant and young child development; attachment, separation and loss; relationship-based practice; reflection; conflict resolution; and family centered work
- Home visiting experience
- Healthy Families America (HFA) experience
- Infant Mental Health endorsement level 2 or 3
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Minnetonka, MN, USA