Preschool Day Treatment Mental Health Practitioner
Program Summary: Family Place is a treatment program for children struggling to manage their emotions and behaviors at home and/or within their childcare or school setting. Family Place promotes the positive and healthy development of children by identifying emotional, social, and developmental needs, providing opportunities to learn and practice new behaviors in well-supported classrooms and improving parent/child relationships by helping parents learn a variety of ways to respond to the needs of their children.
Position Overview: St. David’s Center is now hiring a Preschool Day Treatment Mental Health Practitioner to join our Family Place team. Family Place utilizes a team-based approach and provides intensive classroom-based services as well as home and center-based family/parent support sessions. The preschool day treatment program serves children ages 3-6 and their families.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing children with a structured therapeutic classroom experience
- Implementing daily therapeutic activities that correspond to individual treatment plans and group needs, including curriculum development, intervention planning, and co-facilitation of therapeutic activities
- Supporting parents through the provision of Family Skills sessions that focus on the development of social, emotional, and behavioral skills that will increase the child’s successful experiences in home, community, and school settings
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a dynamic team setting and work with seasoned clinicians in an early childhood setting!
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: 35-40 hours per week, M-F.
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible, including eligibility for loan forgiveness! Clinical supervision will be provided.
- Master’s Degree and working towards clinical licensure in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, Counseling, or in a related behavioral science or social service field
- Minimum of 2000 hours of documented, supervised experience in the delivery of mental health services to children with emotional disturbances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record
- Understanding of mental health diagnoses with children and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)
- Understanding of the impact of culture, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, and economic status on a child, family, and perception of mental health issues
- Knowledge of child development, family systems and interventions appropriate to providing clinical services to children with mental health diagnoses
- Knowledge of community resources and activities
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to de-escalate crisis situations
- Ability to autonomously assess client needs and develop strategies to support needs of clients
- Ability to communicate and participate in a team environment
- Experience with early intervention
- Milieu experience
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Preschool Day Treatment; Mental Health Practitioner; Social Work; Marriage and Family Therapy; Psychology; Counseling; Family Place; Behavioral Sciences; DSM; Early Intervention; Emotional, Social, Developmental needs; Therapeutic setting
- Pay Type Salary
- Minnetonka, MN, USA