Preschool Day Treatment Mental Health Professional-$750 Sign-on Bonus!
Program Summary: Family Place is a treatment program for children struggling to manage their emotions and behaviors at home and/or within their childcare or school setting. Family Place promotes the positive and healthy development of children by identifying emotional, social, and developmental needs, providing opportunities to learn and practice new behaviors in well-supported classrooms and improving parent/child relationships by helping parents learn a variety of ways to respond to the needs of their children.
For over 20 years, Family Place has been providing therapeutic classroom interventions for children in high-risk families. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with seasoned clinicians in a dynamic team setting!
Position Overview: St. David’s Center is hiring a Mental Health Professional to join our Minnetonka Family Place team. Family Place utilizes a team-based approach and provides intensive classroom-based services as well as home and center-based family/parent support sessions. The preschool day treatment program serves children ages 3-6 and their families.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing daily group psychotherapy and clinical oversight within the day treatment milieu
- Providing family support and family psychotherapy sessions in-home and center-based settings
- Providing guidance and direction to Mental Health Practitioners, Paraprofessionals, and Interns in all areas of day treatment service provision
Schedule: 35-40 hours/week, M-F.
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible, including eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling, or a related field.
- LICSW, LPCC, LICSW, LGSW, LMFT or LP license and fully credentialed with third-party payers.
- Open to considering clinical trainees within 6 months of independent licensure who have early intervention experience.
- Experience providing mental health services to families and/or children in a classroom/milieu setting
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record
- Flexibility, problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated capacity for working with at risk populations
- Good clinical and documentation skills
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Mental Health and Intervention
- Knowledge of Attachment Theory, Developmental Psychopathology, Relationship-based Work, Child Abuse and Neglect issues, Classroom and Milieu Work, Family Intervention, and work within other systems
- Board Approved Supervisor
- Supervisory experience (clinical and/or administrative)
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Preschool Day Treatment; Mental Health Professional; Social Work; Marriage and Family Therapy; Psychology; Counseling; Family Place; LICSW; LMFT; LPCC; Behavioral Sciences; DSM; Early Intervention; Emotional, Social, Developmental needs; Therapeutic setting; Clinical Trainee
- Pay Type Salary
- Minnetonka, MN, USA