Early Childhood Education Head Teacher ($500 Hiring Bonus)
Bonus! A $500 sign-on bonus is available for successful candidates!
Program Summary: Join a team of talented early childhood education specialists who are dedicated to changing the lives of children! For more than 50 years, St. David’s Center has provided the highest quality of early childhood education to typically developing children and children with special needs ages 16 months - five years.
Position Overview: The Head Teacher is responsible for the leadership, planning, and implementation of a classroom program designed to give each child an opportunity to participate in experiences that will enrich his/her development in a safe environment.
- Plan developmentally appropriate curriculum daily that reflects development of young child and follows the ECE Reggio Inspired Philosophy.
- Plan classroom activities around themes or concepts that incorporate the goals and objectives outlined in the ECE Curriculum Guidelines and Objectives document.
- Prepare lesson plans, calendars, newsletters and other general information and send home and email.
- Communicate with families regularly including communicating child’s success and struggles in classroom.
- Create an environment for open communication and collaboration in the classroom and provide leadership and onboarding to new staff.
- Observe, record and evaluate children’s progress on an ongoing basis. Use the approved assessment method to track developmental goals and influence curriculum.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, M-F.
Pay: DOQ. This position is benefits eligible, including eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education or Early Childhood Special Education OR
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in non-Early Childhood Education related field and at least 3 years of experience in a NAEYC Accredited program OR
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in non-Early Childhood Education related field and at least 3 years of experience in a non-NAEYC Accredited program and at least 30 contact hours of training.
- Early Childhood teaching experience
- Experience working with students with special education needs
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Approach
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Minnetonka, MN, USA