Paraprofessional ($250 Hiring Bonus)
Bonus! A $250 sign-on bonus is available for successful candidates! Flexible Schedule.
Program Summary: The Paraprofessional II will support our Autism Spectrum Disorder Support Services (ASDSS) and Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs at the Minnetonka location. Our Autism Spectrum Disorder Support Services (ASDSS) program provides support for children/adolescents between the ages of 2-26 on the autism spectrum and their families. Our Early Childhood Education Department provides the highest quality of early childhood education to typically developing children and children with special needs ages 16 months - five years.
Position Overview: ASDSS/ECE Day Treatment Paraprofessional IIs (Paras) provide vital and significant support to the treatment team and clients served in the ASDSS Day Treatment program & ECE Program.
- Supporting the treatment team staff (under the guidance of the mental health professional and mental health practitioner) to implement individual day treatment plans to achieve client goals in the treatment room
- Providing interventions and support that enhance program participants’ success
- Coordinating the organization and maintenance of the treatment room environment
- Maintaining the appropriate records and reports to support successful treatment for program participants
- Adapt the planned curriculum to the needs of the children to which you have been assigned.
- Ensure the successful integration of the child to which you have been assigned into the overall classroom curriculum and program
- Promoting emotional growth in the child, assisting the child in integrating within the classroom and following through on therapy goals
- Encourage the children’s participation in the classroom activities through positioning, transporting, utilizing adaptive equipment, and promoting independence
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David’s Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: Flexible schedule. M-F
Pay: DOQ. At 30 hours, this position is benefits eligible, including eligibility for loan forgiveness!
- Associate degree with 4,000 hours experience
- Experience in working with children with special needs, particularly children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Knowledge of child development and childhood mental health disorders
- Good organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Patience, flexibility, creativity
- Ability to take direction and work as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Autism; Day Treatment; ASD; Child Development; Children’s Mental Health; Psychology; Social Work; Counseling; Paraprofessional; Early childhood; preschool
- Pay Type Salary
- Minnetonka, MN, USA