Direct Support Professional-Therapeutic Recreation Program
Position Overview: Direct Support Professionals are responsible for providing services to clients with developmental, physical, or mental health disabilities at the client’s home, in group settings or telehealth at the direction of the parent or primary caregiver.
Work with clients could include, but is not limited to:
- Use therapeutic recreation principles and implementing therapeutic recreation goals.
- Personal cares, including helping clients brush their teeth, toileting and/or bathing
- Helping with independent living skills, such as teaching clients how to cook meals
- Behavior direction and intervention such as affirming good behavior
- Taking clients to activities and events in the community to work on communication and social skills
This position offers experience working in the human services field with a variety of special needs diagnoses, the opportunity to build lasting, rewarding relationships and the chance to cultivate a higher level of independence for individuals with disabilities.
Schedule: This position has part-time & full-time hours available.
Pay: $14.00 per hour for in-home services, $13.25 per hour for on-site group services.
You might be an ideal candidate if you meet the following qualifications:
- Some clients require staff to drive as part of their shift, and some do not. In cases where driving is required, a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record are required. This will be discussed further as part of the recruitment process.
- Applicants must have the ability to use clear and understandable written and verbal English
- Ability to communicate effectively, both through written and verbal communication
- Candidates should be willing to learn procedures for caring for young adults/children with behavior/medical needs and be able to monitor the safety and well-being of clients
You might be extra awesome if you have:
- Training/education in social sciences, health care, human services, therapeutic recreation and/or education
- Experience with caring for clients with behavior/medical needs
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Waivered Services; Personal Support; In-home Support; Hourly Respite; CADI; CAC; BI; DD; personal cares; independent living skills; behavior direction; human services; social services; healthcare; education, therapeutic recreation.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Twin Cities, MN, USA