As an Operations Manager at Savage you will manage your operation as your own business encompassed by our operating framework, S7 Delivery System. You will be working alongside your team and customer building a strong networking culture where Team Members become more efficient, creative and better at problem solving. You will partner with our customer in taking on and solving their most difficult challenges. Because of our ability to create innovative solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations, we continue to grow our business which translates into growth opportunities for our individual Team Members. We offer competitive pay, bonuses and excellent benefits. Combine these benefits with opportunities for growth and you have the recipe for a rewarding, long-term career with Savage.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual bonus
- Working in the field/leadership role
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Stability – This year we are celebrating our 75th anniversary
What you will be doing
- Plan, control and organize operation to meet each customer’s unique needs and to maximize effectiveness
- Monitor inventory levels and communicating daily movements needed to keep our inventory moving at the optimal level for peak production
- Provide leadership to each Team Member by teaching and training them in the following areas:
- Communication (good interpersonal skills)
- Team Building and Team Member Training
- Understand financial aspect of the Savage System (Budget, Projections, Dailies, & Variances)
- Understand and implement the Savage Safety Program
- “Hands-on”, hard-working, self-starting Manager
- Ability to lead a team
- Ensure procedures and policies are followed by all terminal Team Members
- Sound understanding of transportation and transloading hazardous materials
- Availability to work weekends and holidays (operation is open 7 days a week)
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Professionalism and Cleanliness
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Aptitude and proficiency for computer operations
- Ability to travel on occasional as required
- Minimum of 2 years of college education preferred
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Physically able to climb up and down railcars/ladders safely
- Willing to receive hazardous material handling training & general safety training
- Willing to work with liquid hazardous materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Tooele, UT 84074, USA