Utility Laborer - Night Sift
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Night Shift: Regular Work Week - Monday - Friday
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $150/Semi - annual steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
The successful candidate's primary responsibilities include general labor duties including but not limited to wash down and general maintenance of coke conveyor system and work areas.
Check fluid levels and change rollers throughout conveyor system. Crosstrain on coke loading dock as needed.
Here is what you will be doing
- Maintains cleanliness of conveyor system to transport dry bulk products
- Shovels coke from areas around sump pumps and under conveyor
- Wash down equipment with 2" firehose
- Checks and maintains fluid levels throughout the conveyor system
- Changes rollers in conveyor system
- Operates forklift
- Completes and maintains accurate records related to all maintenance activities in conveyor system
- Cross-trains on DCU and Dock as backup
- Lift approximately 0-50 lbs. occasionally
- Lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Climbs stairs and work at various heights
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements of a successful Utility Laborer
- Must meet refinery standards for entering the plant, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass ExxonMobil site specific training on an annual basis
- The ability to work from written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to work overtime as required
- Ability to work any shift including weekends if needed
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlines by Savage
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- Valid Drivers License
- High School or GED
- TWIC card
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Ability to work outside in ALL weather conditions (snow, rain, cold temps)
- Physically able to climb up and down rail cars/ladders safely and work at heights
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Able to lift and carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- In good physical condition to perform essential physical functions of the position
- Work in an environment containing coke dust and in hot, cold or wet environment
- Willingness to wear PPE which could include a respirator
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- St Charles, LA 70394, USA