Savage Services is growing and we're looking for an experienced Construction Manager to join our team in Midvale, UT.
In this role, you will oversee and manage day-to-day construction onsite at project locations, supporting the needs of the project, project managers, while also ensuring safety, quality craftsmanship, budget adherence and on-time completions. You will also be responsible for supervising and directing contractors at work site(s0 as well as interpret blueprints, order materials, oversee all construction and demolition, and performs any administrative tasks as needed.
Savage’s Engineering Group is dedicated, results driven and customer focused, always communicating to find a better way. Their “team first” mentality results in a collaborative work environment that provides top-notch customer service. Be the difference!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage sub-contractors on a day-to-day level
- Manage 3-week look ahead schedules from contractors
- Manage the general job site responsibilities
- Work closely with the project manager and other support services to achieve objectives
- Use experience and proactive attitude to anticipate and resolve potential issues
- Ensure proper safety and regulatory procedures are implemented and followed
- Represent Savage in all interactions (customer, contractor, community, etc.)
- Help ensure a quality, timely, and on budget deliverable of construction project
- Ability to track, plan, and manage a budget, schedule, and workforce
- Assign and delegates work in accordance with project needs
- Perform inspections at work site ensuring applicable code and regulation compliance
- Assistance in Estimating budgets for jobs
- Order materials as directed
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications
- Improve production efficiency
- Work with engineers, architects, and customers
- Assist in Selecting Contractors and Manage contractors
- Deliver reports including (daily and weekly summaries, JSH, Site training
- Construction Management or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years application work experience (industrial/plant applications, projects >$500k)
- Familiarity with processes and operational practices of heavy industries such as rail, transportation, power, mining, refineries, mineral processing, marine, etc.
- Previous business travel experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with materials handling is a strong plus
- Experience with industrial applications and industrial trades (piping, steel, concrete, etc)
- Committed to see that the job gets done correctly and by the correct means
- Must be on-site full time during project execution
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA