Material Handling Equipment Operator
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
The Coal Handler's primary responsibilities include operating coal handling equipment & general labor duties including but not limited to: clean-up of equipment, work areas and grounds. The Coal Handler will report directly to the Team Leader.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
Requirements of a successful Coal Operator:
- Experience in operation of dozers, front-end loaders, excavators and other heavy equipment.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background, physical and reference check
- High School or GED
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Be willing to work any shift, including weekends & holidays
- Be able to wear a respirator
- Be able to read, write and understand English
- Have the ability to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Have the ability to lift approximately 0-50 lbs. occasionally
- Be able to climb stairs and work at various heights
- Have the ability to work in hot or cold environments and that contains dust
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Applications are open only to those with the qualifications listed, and we will screen or decline candidates based on those qualifications.
Eligible full-time Colorado Team Members may participate in the Savage benefit package, which currently includes medical, dental, and vision plans; Company-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance; supplemental life and disability options; health savings and flex spending accounts; profit sharing; and a 401(k) plan with match. Part-time Team Members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with match, profit sharing, and may be eligible to participate in the medical plan depending on hours worked. Our benefits package may change from time to time.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate $22.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Brush, CO 80723, USA