Bulk Material Handling Operator
Prilling System, and Sulfur Handling System (SYS). Services provided include the following: coke cutting, 45-ton clamshell bridge crane operations, feeder breaker operations, conveyor and circular stacker/reclaimer operations, bulk shiploader operations, truck loading, facility/system maintenance.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain facility equipment such as; conveyors, feeder/breakers, 45 ton bridge crane, coke cutting equipment, circular chain type reclaimers, quadrant type shiploader, pumps, fans, blowers, instrumentation, wet sulfur formers, radial stacking conveyor, etc.
- Load dry bulk marine vessels by operating a shiploader system
- Operate circular chain type reclaimer
- Assist coke cutting and clamshell bridge crane operators with material handling of petroleum coke
- Perform housekeeping duties for bulk handling systems related to: conveyor spillage, transfer point spillage, dust emissions, general operating spillage, etc.
- Perform housekeeping duties including offices, bathrooms, kitchens, windows, vehicles, etc.
- Assist maintenance personnel as needed
- Occasionally work in areas outside of your normal duties, when instructed by Supervision
- Follow procedures and instructions for the use of power equipment
- Perform wash-down on mobile equipment as per plan and schedule
- Inspect maintain & operate excavator, skid loader, and bulldozer
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for repairs of any facility or mobile equipment
- Maintain good and open communication between team members, supervisors, and managers via radio and other proper means.
- Look for opportunities to assist maintenance personnel, operators and managers with tasks, even if they seem outside the realm of your typical duties
- Properly perform hazard analysis formally and informally
- Participate in organization projects to a have a safer, cleaner, more organized and efficient job place
- Be sensitive, responsible, and compliant with health, safety, and environmental requirements
- Continuously improve your own skills and always look for better ways to improve processes and business activities
- Work together with colleagues in a team fashion
- Work safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Expand personal knowledge of bulk handling operation and housekeeping practices
- Report maintenance issues to your supervisor
- Understand company critical service requirements and see they are met
- Take an active role in the safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and inhibiting safe behavior
- Must be willing to perform any other special tasks assigned by management
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualities:
- Various bulk handling and heavy equipment operation certifications
- Familiar with material handling equipment repair and or heavy equipment (yellow equipment.)
- Industrial environmental & safety awareness
- Contributor to team objectives taking on responsibilities and is responsible for actions
- Able to follow safe work practices both with and without supervision.
- Time management and self-initiative
- Capable of giving strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. English level equal or higher than C1 according to CEFR
- Refinery or Industrial Plant Operations: experience with Lock Out/Tag Out/Try Out having high safety standards and knowledge of dangers when working in these types of environments.
- Material Handling: experience in aggregate quarries, mills, or mines with material moving equipment such as hoppers, conveyors, reclaimers, ship loaders, pumps, blowers, and overhead cranes.
- Experience with applying safety regulations and written procedures within a refinery or chemical plant is a plus.
- High School Diploma or greater
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with general mechanical experience and operations of bulk handling equipment.
- Must understand the oil refining process and culture that comes with it
- Must be familiar with industrial safety practices
- Must meet refinery standards for entering the plant, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen, currently possess a Current Driver’s License and TWIC card at the time of applying
- Prior experience in operating bulk handling equipment and heavy mobile equipment
- Ability and willingness to perform housekeeping activities using manual tools for extended periods.
- Required to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Work with others as a team
- Willingness to improve the operation and your skills
- Must be willing to work a rotating call out schedule
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Ascend and descend ladders
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to stand, stoop, and crawl for extended periods
- Not have a fear of heights
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, April 30, 2021
- St Croix, USVI