Facility Maintenance Technician
Savage is seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician who will be a key member of the operation at the Limetree Bay Refinery located in St Croix, USVI. Savage will provide operating and maintenance services at the Delayed Coker Unit (DCU), the Petcoke Handling System (CHS), Sulfur Prilling System, and Sulfur Handling System (SYS). Services provided include the following: coke cutting, 45-ton clamshell bridge crane operations, feeder breaker operations, conveyor and circular stacker/reclaimer operations, bulk shiploader operations, truck loading, facility/system maintenance.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Complete predictive, preventive, and basic corrective maintenance of bulk handling equipment consisting of; conveyors, feeder/breakers, 45 ton bridge crane, coke cutting equipment, circular chain type reclaimers, quadrant type shiploader, pumps, fans, blowers, instrumentation, wet sulfur formers, radial stacking conveyor, etc.
- Handle all lubricants and transfer of lubricants with upmost cleanliness standards.
- Understand and utilize a CMMS
- Understand and abide by all industrial safety rules of a refinery
- Assist in managing the spare parts inventory including documenting parts use and submitting requests for replacement
- Maintain good relations and open communication with coworkers and management via radio and other means
- Maintain a clean work environment by removing trash and debris from all areas of responsibility including structures, offices, restrooms, vehicles, etc.
- Continuously improve your own skills and always look for better ways to improve processes and business activities
- Work together with colleagues in a team fashion
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations; i.e. maintenance, clean up
- Work safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Expand personal knowledge of industry leading maintenance practices
- Report maintenance issues to your supervisor
- Understand our critical service requirements and see they are met
- Take an active role in the safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and inhibiting safe behaviors
- Must be willing to perform any other special tasks assigned by management
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualities:
- Currently hold a variety of industrial maintenance certificates
- Mechanically inclined with troubleshooting experience in demanding environments that require the ability to troubleshoot and or repair equipment failures
- Understand industrial safety in crude oil or chemical refineries
- Material handling experience with equipment such as; conveyors, feeder/breakers, 45 ton bridge crane, coke cutting equipment, circular chain type reclaimers, quadrant type shiploader, pumps, fans, blowers, instrumentation, wet sulfur formers, hydraulics, etc.
- Understand the makeup and application of lubricants. Lubrication certification a plus.
- Experience with automated equipment and basic computers skills
- Usage in varying functions of a CMMS
- Time management and self-initiative
- Capable of giving strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. English level equal or higher than C1 according to CEFR
- Maintaining bulk-handling systems specific to petroleum coke and formed sulfur
- Predictive and Preventive maintenance practices
- Primary experience should be mechanically related but a good understand of electrical and instrumentation is a plus
- Navigating, creating/closing work orders, and requesting parts through a CMMS
- High School Diploma or greater
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with bulk materials, conveyor systems, dump trucks, wheel loaders, excavators, and bulldozers
- Must understand the oil refining process and culture that comes with it
- Must be familiar with industrial safety practices
- Must meet refinery standards for entering the plant, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a hair-follicle drug screen, currently possess a Current Driver’s License and TWIC card at the time of applying
- Ability to perform predictive and preventive maintenance activities on mentioned equipment
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of mentioned equipment
- Required to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Work with others as a team
- Willingness to improve the operation and your skills
- Must be willing to work a rotating call out schedule
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Ascend and descend ladders
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to stand, stoop, and crawl for extended periods
- Not have a fear of heights
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, April 30, 2021
- St Croix, USVI