Accounts Receivable Clerk
Savage Services is currently looking for a highly motivated AR Clerk working as a Business to Business Collection Specialist (Aging Management Clerk) to join our Accounts Receivable Team. The AR clerk role of Collection Specialist plays an integral part within the Revenue Cycle by providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. This position offers solutions by analyzing customer accounts, payment history, and invoice data. The value they bring to the company is through their ability to work with business partners to secure payment details for outstanding invoices. The primary responsibility is to enhance business to business collections and optimize cash flow by working with businesses to secure payment date and information for delinquent receivables. This individual is able to utilize their organizational and business communications skills in order to maintain customer relationships, facilitate information exchange of invoices and payment details, as well as communicate expectation and requirements in order to secure payment for future invoices. A Collection Specialist (Accounts Receivable Clerk/Aging Management Clerk) is able to collaborate, support and work with our Customers, Operations, and leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our team moto is to be “firm, fair, and friendly.” Our team mission as business process partners is to keep the aging accurate and the balances low through prompt collection activities and payment applications as well as managing the uncollectible and credit balances. We strive to live and lead according to the values of the Vision & Legacy: Find a better way, do the right thing, and make a difference.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Communicate daily with customer and businesses partners the status of their past due balances.
- Work daily with the customer’s Account Payable team in order to secure promise to pay with a payment date and amount for specified invoices.
- Submit weekly updates and escalations of delinquent businesses to senior management.
- Complete a monthly summary of highlights and recommendations to be distributed to senior leadership.
- Perform ad hoc customer account and payment reconciliation(s) to ensure outstanding balances are legitimate.
- Interact with customer Accounts Payable department to ensure remittance advice is received and applied to the correct invoice.
- Upon request, provide documentation (invoices, billing support, contracts, agreements), facilitate customer disputes, and on occasion assist in customer negotiations.
- On occasion, update customer logins for their payment portal and/or collect credit card payments.
- Interact with various customer portals and proprietary systems
- Identify and resolve root cause and barriers to payment such as invoicing requirements, PO requirements, and/or approval requirements.
- Adhere to all Business Process Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in the development and improvement of efficient business processes
- Interface with teams that are functionally and geographically diverse – Primarily US based.
- Professionally and timely respond to inquiries from team members, customers, coordinators, managers, etc.
- Monitor and reinforce accounting processes and internal controls
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may change based on the need of the company
- Business to business collections experience preferred
- Attention to detail – Focused on account/invoice/payment balances and professional email wording
- Problem solving & root cause analysis skills preferred
- Time Management – Need to be able to schedule out tasks on a daily and weekly basis
- Ability to work individually on your book of businesses or customer portfolio and as part of a team to support team goals and initiatives
- Ability to learn and utilize different software platforms
- Moderate to intermediate level expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Adobe PDF, or equivalent – Outlook and Excel are heavily used.
- Excellent phone and email communication skills – Email is used for 80-90% of the interactions.
- Self-motivated and proactive, willing to look for ways to improve processes
- Refined business professional with email and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor and mannerisms
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 Years applicable experience
- Some college preferred
- Accounts Receivables/Business to Business Collections/Business to Business Sales experience preferred
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Midvale, UT, USA