Intermodal Equipment Operator
Savage is growing!!! We are looking for a Non-CDL Driver/Equipment Operator for Savage’s new Intermodal Terminal in Pocatello, ID. The successful candidate must share our passion for safety, have strong attention to detail, be a people person, and thrive in a team driven environment.
You will be part of our operations team, ensuring that intermodal containers and equipment are safely and effectively moved within the facility. This included driving, loading and unloading containers from railcars to chassis, and updating equipment inventory. This job will require strong attention to detail, willingness to work outside (year-round), and be self-motivated to complete daily tasks and functions.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for Growth
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Stability – This year we are celebrating our 75th anniversary
What you will be doing?
- Driving a yard hostler tuck
- Operating a reach stacker
- Placing/Removing IBC’s
- Placing intermodal equipment on railcars and chassis
- Updating container database to reflect inventory changes
- Performing physical inspections of containers
- Ensuring drivers have correct BOL’s and paperwork
- Reporting equipment defects and issues to the management team
- Performing inventory checks within the yard and updating when needed
- Answering questions, and helping drivers get in and out of the facility safely
What traits and skills will make this Team Member successful?
- Safety Oriented Individual
- Ability to drive a hostler truck and park 40’ containers
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Aptitude and willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and follow railroad safety and operations
- Has adequate computer skills to use container operating system
What we need from you
- A valid driver’s license (Required)
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (Required)
- Physically able to ascend and descend rail equipment safely (Required)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (Required)
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs (Required)
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pocatello, ID, USA