Trucking - Driver CDL A
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
In this role, you will safely operate a tractor and belly-dump trailer to handle the loading, unloading and delivering procedures necessary to transport Petcoke from local refineries to customer facilities. This is a Night Shift position.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 4 years old, all automatic transmissions
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing potential
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture that consistently promotes and practices safety in all aspects of the job
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Requirements and responsibilities of a successful CDL Driver:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Class A CDL required
- Current TWIC required
- Two years of truck driving experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and reference checks and successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Interact professionally with Savage Team Members, customer representatives, and other personnel on a daily basis. Should have an understanding of—and appreciation for—customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ensure that the tractor and trailer meets or exceeds operational safety standards and report any issues to the maintenance crew, if needed
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary in order to meet customer expectations
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day
- Lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Drive and work in adverse weather conditions
- Hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
- Ability to work and complete a 12-hr shift
- Ability to work up to 6 days in a week
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, April 29, 2021
- La Marque, TX, USA