The Maintenance Supervisor will primarily lead the system and equipment maintenance efforts for the Savage Coal Handling Operation in Amarillo, Texas; including the organizing of maintenance team members, ensuring the Computerized Maintenance Management System is organized and kept up-to-date and ensure the facility’s maintenance work is completed timely, efficiently and safely.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
· Provide leadership to the maintenance team of mechanics and electricians.
· Supervise daily maintenance activities.
· Develop and lead preventative maintenance practices for the facility.
· Maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
· Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements
· Lead in Safety and ensures team members follow proper safety rules, maintenance and operating procedures.
· Write and revise maintenance procedures as needed.
· Identify, procure and maintain critical parts for the facility and system.
· Manage spare parts inventory and ensure that necessary amounts of inventory are in stock to reduce any delays or failures.
· Oversee daily inspections and maintenance audits.
· Ability to schedule work and plan schedules to accommodate production.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints
· Knowledge and experience using a CMMS
· Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
· Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
· Self‐starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies
· Creative and strategic in approaching issues. Not afraid to challenge the status quo
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and carry critical projects to completion
· Ability to diagnose, problem solve and execute plans
· Computer and internet savvy including the Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work in a leadership role
· Possess a strong record of continuous improvement, personal development and attention to detail are absolute requirements.
· Five (5) years experience working in an industrial facility
· Three (3) years in a maintenance supervisory role
· Background in planning and scheduling maintenance
· Experience applying safety regulations and written procedures within a refinery or chemical plant
· Bachelor Degree preferred
· Willing to live and/or relocate to the Amarillo, Texas area
· This Supervisor will be on their feet for extended period of time and walk long distances throughout the day.
· Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
· Because we are a 24/7 facility, this supervisor may be called out at night to assist with critical service problems
· Minimal travel, but will include both air and road travel
· Must be comfortable working in an office environment at times, working with a computer and sitting for longer periods of time
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Amarillo, TX, USA