Our Operations Managers come to Savage for the daily challenge, opportunities for growth, teamwork, our focus on safety, and competitive pay, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. A culture that encourages Team Members to find a better way and enables them to “do things they never dreamed possible”. Whether that is accomplishing new goals in your existing position or working toward the next step in your career, you’ll find your path at Savage.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual bonus
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $160/year steel toe boot allowance
- Working in the field/leadership role
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
Here is what you will be doing
- Ensure rail cars are loaded and unloaded in accordance with customer and FRA requirements
- Learn, implement, teach, and execute the S7 Operating System
- Ability to develop and execute a business plan (including budgeting, projecting, variance analysis, and cost management)
- Ability to promote a safety culture where each team member has the value and attitude that unsafe behaviors and conditions will not happen on their shift
- Ability to maintain equipment and facility
- Committed to teaching and promoting personal responsibility for identifying and performing safe behaviors, conditions, and environmental responsibility
- A positive leader with the ability to be proactive in problem solving, making decisions, organizing and directing people, and utilizing coaching techniques for improving behaviors
- Hands on leadership with operational and technical skills to ensure that "best practices" are being utilized in an environment where people are committed to professionalism and cleanliness
- Create an environment for team building with emphasis on individual development and growth
- Create an environment of continuous improvement and “Better Way” thinking
Requirements of a successful Transload Operations Manager
- Hands-on experience in railcar loading and unloading preferred
- Maintenance experience a plus
- Must have leadership skills to ensure team members follow procedures at all times even when no one is watching
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Written and oral skills with an ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and other company personnel
- Dynamic personality to lead team members and put safety first
- Ability to travel
- College degree preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- 2+ years management experience
- 2+ years of rail car loading experience preferred
- Savage is a Military Friendly Employer - Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- This position is required to work outdoors daily in various elements of weather
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Should have the ability to use basic hand tools
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Stockton, CA, USA