Transload Operator - Part Time
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Starting Rate $16.70
- Select from 2 schedules: 7-11am & 12-4pm
- Part time with opportunity to move into full time
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $80/year steel toe boot allowance
Here is what you will be doing
- Daily unloading of materials consisting of a variety of bulk liquid and dry products
- Ability to understand and follow operating procedures and policies
- Ability to operate or learn to operate rail car loading systems and equipment
- Ability to perform work safely and productively
- Ability to perform general maintenance on equipment
Requirements of a successful Transload Operator
- Read, write, and understand English
- Basic math skills
- Computer skills (light data entry)
- Valid Driver's License
- Capable to learn how to operate and maintain rail car/trans loading equipment (e.g., Hoses, portable conveyors, transfer pumps, portable stair systems, small to medium sized equipment, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel to other transload terminals to assist when necessary; may be for up to a week at a time
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Savage is a Military Friendly Employer - Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Physically able to climb up and down rail cars/ladders safely
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Ability to work outside in ALL weather conditions (snow, rain, sub-freezing temps)
- Willing to work with liquid hazardous and dry bulk materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA