Savage Services currently has openings for Logistics Coordinators at our refinery operation in Oregon, OH! The successful candidates primary responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Operations Manager and rail switching team. The Coordinator will provide all data entry into customer systems to provide timely and accurate information. This will be a second or third-shift position.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match and profit sharing
Here is what you will be doing
- Manage customer orders and inventory systems.
- Answering phones and assisting with customer needs
- Follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Check emails throughout the day for order status changes/additions
- Enter and verify customer orders and railcar shipments in inventory system
- Insures all railcar inbound and outbound inspections are complete before releasing and filed
- Follow Savage/customer policies and procedures (internal controls, record retention, verifications, etc.)
- Fax or scan Bill of Ladings to customers and designated parties (as required)
- Monitor customer inventory vs scheduled shipments
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced, consistent high volume environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Professional interaction and collaboration with other Savage Team Members and customers
- Dependability in attendance required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Must be physically able to do the following:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with telephones, computer and other office equipment
- Consistently sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Walk long distances
- Lift up to 25lbs regularly
- Lift and move 40 lbs at times
- Wear required PPE
- Logistics Coordinator will work in office inside refinery
- Position may require some travel for training purposes
This is primarily an office position. In the office, the employee will be frequently exposed to normal office noises such as telephones ringing, copier running, etc. The noise level in the office is typically low to moderate.
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Oregon, OH, USA