Sr. Java Developer
Savage is currently hiring for a Sr. Java Developer to join our Software Engineering team in Midvale, UT.
In this challenging and integral role of the Software team, you will analyze, design, develop, maintain, and unit test new and existing software applications. You will need to be comfortable working through every layer of a software package and be able to work as an individual or in a team environment. We need a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is a fast learner to join us as we create incredible products. We are looking for someone that wants a long term future with an amazing company.
Our developers handle of a variety of projects involving all sectors of Savage’s businesses including Environmental, Energy and Chemical and Agriculture. We purposely rotate our developers to allow for exposure to all industries and systems. Join a growing company where you’ll gain knowledge every day!
Here's just a few reasons why our Developers like working with us:
- Newer Technology
- Variety of challenging projects
- Competitive Pay
- Agile Methodology
What you'll be doing:
- Architect and design software through all development life cycles
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain, and unit test new and existing software applications.
- Able to switch between projects to provide assistance where needed.
- Work with company managers and executives to obtain requirements.
- Assist customer service representatives with escalated service calls.
- Participate in daily standup meetings.
- Participate as needed in paired programming efforts.
- Participate in team problem solving discussions
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, CS, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development.
- 5+ years of development experience on java applications.
- 4+ years of experience in modern MVC development.
- 4+ years of database design and SQL development.
- Experience with technologies including but not limited to
- REST web services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA