Heavy Equipment Operator
Savage is hiring!!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Transload Oprerator's come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $75/year steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Unload and load rail cars and trucks with pipe used in the oil well drilling process using 20,000 lbs capacity forklifts and wheel loader
- Perform pre- and post-inspection on all equipment operated
- Ensure receiving and shipping paper work is accurate and verified
- Partner with the Yard Hand to track inventory and ensure proper delivery
- General Maintenance ("bolt on –bolt off")
- Cleaning / Housekeeping, Snow Removal
- Handle problems as they arise and initiate steps to resolution
- Commit to Safe work practices through situational awareness, following standard operating procedures, receiving constructive criticism and watching out for the health and wellness of others
- Partner with the maintenance team to ensure the facility operates smoothly
Requirements of a successful Equipment Operator
- Extensive verifiable forklift operating experience, preferably in a pipe yard, or operating 10,000+ lbs forklifts
- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn pipe transloading
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Able to routinely lift 50-lbs
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold
- Comfortable be able to complete the physical aspects of the job including heights, crawling, walking long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA.
- Willing to reliably fulfill the designated work schedule
- Valid drivers license
- 2 to 3 years operating a forklift
- A high school diploma
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
- Some experience in a rail environment a plus
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Ability to work outside in ALL weather conditions (snow, rain, sub-freezing temps)
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sayre, PA 18840, USA