Hazmat Class A CDL Driver
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
The successful CDL Candidate will safely operate a tractor-trailer to handle the loading, unloading and delivering procedures necessary to transport molten sulphur from a local facility to the customer and back-haul phosphoric acid.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Local work - home every day
- Regular working schedule Mon - Friday (plus every other Saturday)
- Shift 3Pm to 3AM
- Paid by the hour with built in over time every week
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Uniforms and laundry service
- $75/semi-annual steel toe boot allowance
- A culture of safety
- A fleet with the majority of trucks less than 5 years old
- Current CDL with HAZMAT, Tanker and Doubles/Triples endorsements are required
- Two years driving experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Work every other Saturday
- Professional demeanor (safety conscious, quality of job performance, cleanliness, and verbal communications)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and reference checks and successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Change a flat tire
- Climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day
- Lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Lake City, FL, USA