Up to $7K in Sign-on Incentives!
In the maintenance department within Savage, you will find a wide variety of equipment and machinery to maintain. This variety allows you the chance to expand your skill set and stay up to date on the latest technology. At Savage, we love nothing more than rewarding our Team Members’ hard work with opportunities for growth. The mechanic will primarily work with their team to repair and maintain tractors and trailers used to transport limestone and other products at Savage's facilities in Elko, NV. This will be a rotating shift position.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Learn and partner with the Maintenance Supervisor to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping.
- Other general maintenance duties as required
- Collaborate with Team Members outside of the department to ensure the overall success of the operation
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Two to Three years of Diesel Mechanic experience, and experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Class A CDL a plus, but not required
- Ability to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS is helpful
- Ability to diagnose, problem solve and execute plans
- Ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
- Ability to be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely in this type of environment
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Elko, NV 89801, USA