Are you interested in pursuing a job in railcar repair and have some great experience? As a part of Savage’s railcar repair team you will ensure proper maintenance and repair of the railcars that travel through our facility. Duties will encompass, however are not limited to: accomplishing and or supervising Team Members tasks associated with maintenance and operation for the mechanical components of the railcars fleet, posting and completing work orders within the company specific computer data base, accurate completion of all required documentation (regulator and internal), reporting repairs and demonstrating a basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of industrial mobile equipment.
These are some of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Opportunities for Growth
- Rotating Shift
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- $80 annual Steel-toe boot allowance
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
Here is what you will be doing
- Thorough understanding of railcar mechanical operations, and associated components
- Familiarity with and ability to use Expressyard billing
- Order parts and supplies
- Good understanding of the mechanical components of industrial mobile equipment
- Good understanding of the mechanical components of Maintenance of Way equipment
- Properly wear all required Personal Protect Equipment as deem necessary by labor standards and Savage
- Complete all training as identified as mandatory for regulatory compliance, as well as company associated course and training assigned by the Savage. Training sessions may involve in-house, on line. Training may be conducted locally or on occasion - out of state offsite training.
Requirements of a successful Rail Carman
- 10 Years or greater car repair experience required
- Certified Railcar Mechanic preferred
- Coal handling railcar and pressurized railcar experience preferred
- Accredited certification related to trade preferred
- High School or GED required
- Ability to pass a skills test on the type of work performing
- Ability to read, write, and understand English, follow written and/or verbal instruction, and possess basic math and computer skills.
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- High School or GED required
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Must have the ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position:
- Work in an environment containing coal dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights, climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground
- Walk up to 3 miles per shift
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed;
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blaine, WA, USA