Communications & Marketing Specialist
Savage is seeking a Communications & Marketing Specialist to join our team in Midvale, UT. Your primary responsibilities will be to support internal and external communications, marketing, and event planning and execution initiatives. These internal and external initiatives include promoting the Savage culture, brand, reputation, and innovation efforts with our current and prospective Customers, Team Members, and business media.
What you'll be doing:
- Write a variety of communications, including emails, advertisements, blog posts, and website content
- Prepare presentations and speeches: review with the executive/speaker, arrange for necessary speaking aids, attend presentations, and offer feedback to the speaker
- Review and edit messages to ensure they are clear, thorough, on brand, on message, and preserve the company’s reputation
- Support external marketing campaigns to help increase brand awareness and generate leads in target markets
- Support the planning, coordination, and execution of company events and activities — including company townhall meetings, company-wide leadership forums in locations around the U.S., local team building activities, and Customer appreciation events — by booking venues and hotels, booking speakers, planning and coordinating agenda, preparing presentations, and supporting executives and speakers
- Coordinate and set up training and seminars
- Develop marketing materials for events and other marketing materials as needed
- Support the design, creation, and distribution of communications content/media (brochures, posters, flyers, video, email and other electronic formats), including writing, editing, proofreading, and publishing to internal and external channels
- Support all communications channels and platforms
- Act as a liaison with outside vendors for printing, video, electronic or virtual production, and other resources needed for projects and events
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels, and appropriate for different audiences
- Ensure consistency in messaging internally and externally, when appropriate
- Conduct interviews and research
- Drive brand consistency
- Serve as a communications support resource to copyedit, proofread, and revise communications submitted for review
- Support communications content calendar; coordinate timing of various messages to align with company events or initiatives
- Assist with organizing and implementing volunteer activities
What you'll need to be successful:
- At least 2-4 years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Follow-through and commitment to success
- Positive attitude
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Experience planning and coordinating events
- Must be able to earn the respect of a diverse mix of people
- Commitment to Savage values (Do the right thing. Find a better way. Make a difference.)
- Professional in appearance and working with fellow Team Members, Customers, outside counsel, and the public
- Must work well independently or with a group
- Must have strong executions and delivery skills
- Excellent creative and professional writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills — ability to work with executives and frontline Team Members
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent proofreading/editing/copywriting skills with high attention to spelling, grammar usage, and style
- Effective knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Power Point, and SharePoint
- Creative design experience, including graphic design, photo, and video-editing software experience, is a plus (Adobe Creative, Canva)
- Strong visual communications and brand identity skills
- Detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Email automation experience
- Experience with Google platforms: Analytics, Data Studio, Optimize, Ad Words, etc.
- Familiarity with WordPress and search engine optimization (SEO)
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA