Savage Services is currently hiring for an FP&A Analyst to join our team in Midvale, UT. In this role, you will be the single point of contact to assigned Sector, Group and Unit leaders for financial information. This role will create a more efficient and effective way to provide these fundamental shared services to the groups.
This position provides leadership in the following areas:
Business Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Review, streamline and improve the business planning and budgeting process
- Challenge business planning assumptions and ensure planning assumption are aligned with the Enterprise strategy
- Create and implement a continuous planning strategy and process within the Enterprise
- Develop market and scenario planning analyses
- Participate in the preparation of business plans and budgets for specific assigned operations/units
- Partner with and assist General Managers and Operation managers with the preparation of business plan presentations
- Prepare budget and projection model for the operations
- Create and own the long-term corporate financial model, including forecasted P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Own the monthly financial management report; research and develop a best-in-class process for this; be the expert and single point of contact on the “why” of the numbers
- Perform ad hoc operational and financial analysis to support business leaders; support operational decisions, cost improvement programs, financial improvements etc.
- Provide guidance and support to Operations Managers ensuring financial tools are utilized and internal controls and accounting processes are understood and followed
- Develop and standardize working capital and cash generation analyses for group and sector leaders; evaluate whether the Company’s current assets and investments are the best use of working capital by analyzing return on investment and other cash flow metrics
- Become the expert on drivers impacting revenue, costs and EBITDA – be the driving force to help determine methods to reduce costs and improve EBITDA
- Create and manage KBI’s and monitor performance using data analyses and systems tools
- Implement headcount and retention data analyses and standardize reporting across all Sectors
- Perform deep-dive analyses on overhead/SG&A costs and recommend areas for improvement to senior leaders
- Support safety and operational team leaders on compiling safety data and metrics
Other Analysis and Support
- Become the trusted financial and strategic partner to assigned sector and group leaders
- Monitor accrued revenue balances, oversee accounts receivable balances, review accounts payable accruals and other applicable AR and AP related items
- Prepare and consolidate monthly Unit projections, report on variances, and upload projections into Hyperion.
- Monitor contractual rate adjustments to ensure implementation and accuracy
- Partner with commercial teams and determine profitability of the business by analyzing product and service lines
- Assist with annual parts inventory count and reconciliation with accounting
- Interface on behalf of the operations with the SSC to address issues and resolve problems
- Liaise with IT to streamline and automate historically de-centralized analytical processes; constantly seek ways to integrate technology into financial processes
- Centralize all financial analysis processes and work with accounting to standardize and set policies for key financial procedures, such as capital planning and forecasting
- Ensure data accuracy in all reporting
- Create presentations for Unit and Group leaders
- Understanding and passion for the Savage Vision and Legacy
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field; MBA preferred
- Graduate degree in business, accounting, or related field a plus
- 5-7 years of financial analysis or accounting experience in a large multi-national organization
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to improve the analytical capabilities of team members
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Agent of change, always looking for opportunities to be better
- Be a decisive leader and exhibit a sense of urgency and responsiveness by example
- Team player with the success of the organization and team always in mind
- Self-starter that focuses on delivering results with little oversight
- Continuously driven and ambitious for personal growth and development
- A drive to continually improve processes and challenge the status quo; embrace and promote change when it makes sense to change
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA