Trucking - DriverCDL-A
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Drivers with the latest equipment and the highest commitment to safety. The majority of our trucks are less than five years old with automatic transmissions. Each of our drivers are assigned to a truck, which means you will get to drive the same truck throughout your career. You will receive top-notch safety training to ensure you return home safely every day.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures to safely load and deliver tubulars
- Comply with customer safety requirements while on their locations
- Utilize any on-board computer terminals to accurately record locations visited and products handled and ensure any additional paperwork is complete, neat and legible
- Wear the provided and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas at all times
- Conduct a comprehensive pre and post shift vehicle and equipment inspections, and take appropriate action on encountered problems
- Reports incidents (operational and/or safety related), as instructed, in a timely manner
- Contain and report any spill according to the established Occurrence Reporting procedures
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and subordinates
- Maintain an accurate Hours of Service log or time sheet and submit the record in a timely manner
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the vehicles and equipment as able and qualified, and report all other maintenance issues to the maintenance department
- Other duties as assigned by regional or operation management
- A commitment to work without an occurrence; no injuries, property damage or spills
- Class A CDL with some experience preferred
- Able to clear all background checks required by the Company, Customer and Government
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interview and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- A good attitude. Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace, but can also work independently and with minimal supervision
- Can read, write and understand English
- Proven ability to be reliable and dependable
- Moderate computer skills are required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Some CDL Experience preferred, preferably in an oilfield environment
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 80 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground
- Must be able to work in an oilfield environment
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- DuBois, PA 15801, USA