Project Manager- Equipment Solutions
Savage has an immediate need for an experience Project Manager to join our Equipment Solutions team in Midvale, UT. In this role, you will be responsible for managing internal and external resources as necessary to design, specify, procure and support mobile equipment projects on-time and on-budget that meet safety, commercial and operational objectives. You will also support equipment needs for business and corporate development projects.
- Lead and develop project conceptual designs, equipment specifications and identify costs
- Develop capital and operating estimates of sufficient accuracy for budgeting and capital expenditure appropriation
- Manage internal and external resources to develop detailed designs and specifications that meet commercial and operational objectives
- Develop project schedules and milestones, identify critical path activities, and plan/execute accordingly
- Effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Manage project objectives and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Track, manage, and report project costs/schedule to stakeholders on a frequent basis
- Maintain and develop a network of technically competent and cost effective supplier-partners utilizing objective ranking for selection
- Proactively negotiate best pricing and service for equipment
- Support the Business and Commercial Development teams by providing cost estimates and conceptual designs
- Provide technical support for Operations
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may change based on the needs of the company
- Project management experience required
- Excellent oral, written and non-verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Customer-centered philosophy and approach with a sense of urgency for customer needs
- Moderate travel required (typically less than 10%)
- Must be drug free and able to pass a criminal background check
- BS/BA or technical degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 5 years Management experience in mobile/construction equipment, heavy industry and materials handling/transportation applications
- PMP Certification a plus
- Familiarity with processes, operational practices, and maintenance of heavy construction/ transportation equipment
- Operations experience appreciated
- Excellent command of MS Office suite
- Physically able to travel to industrial sites, climb stairs, ladders, and in/on/around industrial equipment, and work outside in all seasons and weather
- Must wear proper personal protective equipment as environment dictates
- Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA