Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Transload Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
As a Transload Operator for Savage your primary responsibility is to safely and timely unload rail cars to trucks (consisting of a variety of bulk liquid and dry products) in Irondale, CO.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working at Savage:
- Position starts at $17/hour
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- $80/year steel toe boot allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunities for growth!
What you will be doing
- Professional interaction and collaboration with other Savage Team Members and customers
- Able to troubleshoot and make repairs to various types of equipment (hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, etc.)
- Assist with maintenance, clean-up, and other duties as assigned
- Ability to trans-load various food grade materials - food grade, feed grade, plastics, hazmat, non haz liquids, dry materials
- Ability to operate trans-loading equipment - Air compressor, boiler system, transfer pumps, filtration units, portable conveyor system, hand tools
- Ability to operate mobile equipment - golf carts, farm tractors, passenger vehicles, light and heavy utility vehicles
- Adhere to Food Safety Standards (as defined by the US Food and Drug Administration)
- Participation in hazardous material handling and safety training programs, which may require brief and occasional travel
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to pass a skills test on the type of work performing
- Dependability in attendance required
- Ability to work Holidays and weekends as needed
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Drivers license
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Commitment to working safely at all times
- Ability to be exposed to the outdoor elements
- Must be physically able to do the following:
- Climb on and off rail-cars and locomotives safely
- Operate rail-car hand brakes
- Operate rail switches
- Walk long distances
- Consistently sit, kneel, squat, bend, stand and climb on elevated surfaces
- Work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Lift 15 lbs. and work safely with this weight at knee, waist and shoulder level
- Lift up to 50 lbs consistently throughout the course of a shift
- Operate basic hand tools
- Adherence to personal hygiene and grooming standards as defined by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Respirators may be required due to the nature of our work therefore a clean shaven face is required to assure proper fit and use of safety equipment
- Wear required PPE
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Applications are open only to those with the qualifications listed, and we will screen or decline candidates based on those qualifications.
Eligible full-time Colorado Team Members may participate in the Savage benefit package, which currently includes medical, dental, and vision plans; Company-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance; supplemental life and disability options; health savings and flex spending accounts; profit sharing; and a 401(k) plan with match. Part-time Team Members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with match, profit sharing, and may be eligible to participate in the medical plan depending on hours worked. Our benefits package may change from time to time.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Denver, CO, USA
- Henderson, CO, USA