Able Bodied Seaman
The Able Bodied Seaman assist with the operation of deck and cargo machinery and perform the duties of helmsman, lookout when at sea, and duties relating to navigational watchstanding assigned by the OICNW. When transferring cargo, the Able Bodied Seaman assists the Deck Officer on watch with cargo watch.
The Able Bodied Seaman reports directly to the Deck Officer on watch for cargo, maintenance, and safety related duties, and the OICNW for navigational duties.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Assists as directed with the inspection, testing and maintenance of deck and cargo machinery, deck and cargo systems, firefighting, lifesaving and safety equipment onboard.
- Participates in training drills and exercises as per the Station Bill.
- Performs duties as directed by the Master and Deck Officers safely and efficiently.
- Implements SMM Policies, Procedures & applicable requirements onboard as related to the position.
- Assist the Mate with the inspection, testing and maintenance of deck and cargo machinery and systems as well as all firefighting, lifesaving and safety equipment onboard.
- Accurately report and record maintenance related activities as requested by an Officer.
- USCG MMC
- Tankerman Assistant endorsement (LG)
- All Required STCW endorsements for an AT/B capable of foreign voyages
- Must have a valid TWIC card and Passport
- Other certificates and endorsements as deemed required for the operation and by Savage Marine
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proven and effective manager and leader
Education/Experience: Enter bullet format of specific education and experience that is required.
- High School diploma
- Maritime Academy graduate preferred
- ABS Nautical Systems NS5 experience preferred
- Able to work in confined spaces, carrying heavy tools, climbing and descending ladders, consistently asked to lift and carry loads greater than 25 pounds
- Must have current USCG medical certificate, renewed every 2 years
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tampa, FL, USA