Track Maintenance Supervisor
SAVAGE IS HIRING!!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Track Maintenance Supervisors come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The successful Track Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for leading a specialized team in planning, organizing and managing one of our rail operations, insuring track maintenance, track inspections, upkeep on MOW equipment is done in a safe, environmentally friendly, and efficient manner. Coverage could include sites in NS, NB, QC and Ont.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual Steel Toe Boot Allowance
- We Provide Uniforms & PPE (Laundering included)
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan
Here is what you will be doing
- Cost effective management of track maintenance, track inspections, MOW equipment upkeep
- Participate in budget preparation, management of profit and loss, and daily communication with customers for scheduling and other issues to ensure a smooth and safe operation
- Learn, implement, teach, and execute the S7 Operating System
- Manage customer contracts and rate structures
- Develop and execute a business plan (including budgeting, projecting, variance analysis, and cost management)
- Promote a safety culture where each employee has the values and attitude that unsafe behaviors and conditions will not happen on their shift
- Create innovative solutions and keep Team Member turnover low
- Hands-on leadership with operational and technical skills to ensure that "best practices" are being utilized
- Create a team environment where people exhibit professionalism and cleanliness and experience professional and personal growth
- Approximately 25% travel required to assigned locations
Requirements of a successful Track Maintenance Supervisor
- 2+ years Track Maintenance and hands-on experience required, 5+ years preferred
- Possesses experience and knowledge with;
- Leadership experience with a focus on safety
- Knowledge of Transport Canada standards and local, provincial and federal requirements
- Ability to work up to 12 hour shifts outdoors in all weather conditions; lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis; climb steps and ladders; ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time; Ability to use basic hand tools
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel % 25
- Moncton, NB, Canada
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Quebec City Area, QC, Canada
- Sydney, NS, Canada