Industrial Rail - Car Washer
At Savage, we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies. You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
The successful Rail Car Wash Attendee candidate will be responsible to safely and timely wash and perform minor repairs on rail cars within the customer’s facility.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
What you will be doing:
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Rotating shift: 12 hour rotating shifts (days / nights / weekends / holidays)
- We provide training
- Opportunity to work into full time position
- Daily railcar movement in our poly railcar facility located in Westlake, LA
- Work with one other crew member to safely spot railcars at the wash rack bay
- Ability to cross train and willingness to assist in the different functions performed at the facility
- Operate a Rail Car Mover to spot rail cars on the correct tracks to be unloaded and then take the empty cars and build the outbound train
- Inspect rail cars and perform minor maintenance to include caps, hatches, screens eye bolts and latches.
- Report liner defects and other issues or concerns that cannot be repaired by the Wash Rack Attendee
- Operate a vacuum recovery system to ensure the area stays clean and free of pellets
- Operate the washing and drying system with in the wash bay
- Should be committed to working safely at all times
- Have the desire to build strong customer relations on a daily basis.
- Committed to show up on time on every scheduled work day
- Understands the importance of good communication with the customer and other Savage Team Members
- A willingness to complete any assigned task(s) as long as they have been properly trained
- A desire to learn the skills necessary to do the job safely and in a way that adds value to the customers operation and exceed their expectations
Requirements of a successful Car Wash Attendee:
- Can read, write, and understand English
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instructions with minimal supervision
- Must pass a written and skills test on the type of work that he or she will be performing
- Willing to help with maintenance, clean-up, and anything else that requires attention, as directed by the Operations Manager and or Supervisor
- Dependable and shows up for scheduled work shifts
- Willing to wear required PPE
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Works safely at all times
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlined by Savage
- Ability to work Holidays and weekends
- Pass drug / alcohol test / criminal background check
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the Rail Industry is preferred, but not required
- Professional (concerned about safety and quality of job performance)
- Cooperative (able to follow directions and change schedule)
- Reliable (ability to work as scheduled)
- Language skills (ability to speak and understand English in simple conversation)
- The desire to treat and be treated fair
- A sense of urgency
- The ability to anticipate and think ahead
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Wash Rack Attendee will work outdoors every day and as a result will be exposed to the elements
- Wash Rack Attendee must be physically able to do the following:
- Climb on and off railcars and locomotives safely
- Operate railcar hand brakes
- Operate rail switches
- Operated vacuum recovery system
- Operate washing and drying system
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, stand, and climb stairs for an extended period of time
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Should also have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Able to work rotating shift schedule and overtime when needed
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Westlake, LA 70669, USA