Class A CDL Driver
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Local work, home every day or night
- Rotating days/nights (10 hour shifts)
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 4 years old
- $150 annual steel toe boot allowance
- Uniforms provided with laundry service
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Here is what you will be doing
- Driver will safely transport petroleum coke from our customers facility to destination locations (i.e. a series of dedicated haul routes)
- Driver will operate belly dump trailers at customer destination
- Driver will assist the operation in additional tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Driver will timely and accurately report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Class A CDL
- Active TWIC card
- 3+ years of Class A driving experience driving
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Professional demeanor (safety conscious, quality of job performance, cleanliness, and verbal communications)
- Able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and reference checks and successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Change a flat tire
- Climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day
- Lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Corpus Christi, TX, USA